Rabu, 28 Mei 2014

Compliment and Compliment Response

Hello guys, nice to meet you in this morning. Here, I want to show you my lesson plan in conversation. In this post, we will talk about compliment and compliment response. But before I give my student lesson about it, I will ask them to speak out. I will divide this post into three activity


A. Pre-Activities
1. Reading Activity

In this activity, students will have a reading segment. They must read and understand about "What's in a name?". The text is available page 12 in Here











After that, the teacher can give some questions orally about the page. The questions are available in the same page.

2. Speaking Ability

I provide a video above about Taylor Swift. I ask my students to retell about the article in video by using their own words.


B. Main Activities
In this activity, I will give them lesson about compliment and compliment response. 
1. Compliment
Compliment is a good evaluation from the speaker to the hearer. Compliment consists of four topics.
a. Appearance
Examples: You look so beautiful. You've beautiful hair. You are adorable.
b. Ability
Examples: You are an excellent student. You've excellent English
c. Possession
Examples: You have cool shoes. Your laptop is so expensive.
d. Character
Examples: You are very helpful. You are so kind.

2. Compliment Response
Compliment Response is an utterance to respond to compliment given.
Examples:
a. Appreciation: Thank you
b. Agreement: Yes, this is my new laptop.

c. Disagreement: No, this is not Blackberry but it's Mito.
d. Question: Really?
e. Downgrade: This is a second-hand product.
f. Upgrade: Yes, this is a new brand of samsung.
g. Return: Your laptop is the best.
h. History: My father bought from Singapore.

The following activities, the students will identify some utterances from the video below.
Which utterance is compliment and compliment response? Please provide a table consist of two columns.
After that, the teacher asks the students to read their works. The teacher must correct incorrect utterance and pronunciations. After this, the teacher asks the students to give some comments (They must use compliment) about some character in the following video. For instance: I like the boy. He is really cute. The girl has beautiful hair.

The video is available below:





C. Post Activity

The teacher asks the student to give four compliment (different topics) to four different students. It would be fun if they make in some sentence each topic. Make sure the complimentee will respond to compliment for complimenter.

That's all guys. Thank you for reading this article. See you in next lesson.

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar